For all my readers that are still looking for a great Mothersday gift, pay attention because my mom would really love this! Heinen Delfts Blauw comes with this great DIY set to create your own mug. Heinen Delfts Blauw is one of the most famous producers of Delfts blue pottery and with this DIY you’ll feel like a real designer yourself:)
As not many of you guys know, I love a good DIY and especially if it has something to do with drawing or painting. The mug will be delivered with only the outlines so you can create the colors with the porcelain markers and personalize it the way you like it. I only chose to create it with colors, but there is also enough space for a sweet message or someone’s name. If you want to go for that real Delfts Blauw feeling, make sure to leave the space between the blue lines white. This is one of the characteristics of a real Delfts Blauw item. Below, I’ll tell you the steps you need to follow to create your own!
- Clean the mug with alcohol or ammonia so the party can start
- Colour the mug and try not to touch the mug with your fingers
- When you’ve created your masterpiece, put your mug in the oven at 160°C for 25 minutes
- Take your mug out of the oven and let it cool down for 30 minutes and your done! (dishwasher proof)
You can shop the mug including 3 porcelain markers here. If your done, make sure to share your masterpiece on social media using the hashtag #creatingnewtraditions because for my Dutch readers you can win a painting workshop from Heinen Delfts Blauw. And we all know you want that! For more information you can click here.
What did you think of my masterpiece? Would you create your own?
* This article: HEINEN DELFTS BLAUW DIY is written in collaboration with Heinen Delfst Blauw. This doesn’t change my opinion about the company, or my masterpiece. Or my happy mom this Mothersday.